In 1886, Telford, located in Bucks County, was incorporated as a borough. A year later, West Telford, located in Montgomery County, was incorporated as a borough. Up until 1936, then two towns operated as separate boroughs since state law in Pennsylvania prohibited borough’s boundaries to extend into another county. In 1936, the law was changed and two tiny boroughs merged to form Telford Borough. Today, straddling two counties, adds to the uniqueness of Telford Borough.

There are six parks in the Borough, three of which provide ball fields. The Indian Valley Farmers’ Market is held each Saturday morning at the municipal parking located in the center of the Borough. Public safety is provided by the Telford Borough Police Department, and then Telford Volunteer Fire Company provides fire protection to the Borough and surrounding area. Water and sewer service is provided by the Telford Borough Authority. Souderton Area School District provides public education to the children within the Borough. Although there are no schools located within the Borough limits, the Indian Valley Public Library, which serves the Souderton Area School District, is situated in the Borough.

In 2013, Telford Borough received a Community Development Block Grant from Montgomery County to add the following facilities to Franconia Avenue Park: a pavilion, climbing wall, pocket play area equipment and privacy screening for a bathroom facility. This park is located on Franconia Avenue between Branch Avenue and Third Street, and also has a tot lot, picnic tables and on-street parking available.

Jacob & Mary Stover Park, located on Fourth Street between Erie Avenue and Crest Avenue, has a baseball field with lights, three tennis courts, a tot lot and parking for approximately 25 cars. Telford Borough acquired this facility through the Montgomery County Open Space Program.

Centennial Park, which is located at Third Street and Church Road, has one baseball field, one softball field, one soccer field, a pavilion and available parking.

Summit Avenue Playground, located on Summit Avenue between School Lane and Grandview Avenue, has a tot lot, picnic table with pavilion, and on street parking available.